RELEASE FROM RESPONSIBILITY, WAIVER OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR PARTICIPATION IN A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY
For and in consideration of permitting THE UNDERSIGNED to participate in any Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower-sponsored activity, for the purposes of firearms use, shooting of firearms, observing the shooting of firearms, or any and all other purposes, THE UNDERSIGNED, for herself/himself, her/his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns:
- Hereby voluntarily releases, discharges, waives and relinquishes any and all actions or causes of action for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to the Undersigned arising as a result of engaging in or being present at activities of Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower.
- Hereby covenants not to sue and voluntarily releases, waives, discharges and relinquishes any action or cases of actions, aforesaid, which may hereafter arise for herself/himself and for her/his estate, and agrees that under no circumstances will she/he or her/his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns prosecute or present any claim for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death against the Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower, or any of its/his officers, agents, servants or employees for any said causes of action whether the same shall arise by the negligence of any of said persons or otherwise. IT IS THE INTENTION OF THE UNDERSIGNED BY THIS INSTRUMENT, TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower, OR ANY OF ITS/HIS OFFICERS, AGENTS, SERVANTS OR EMPLOYEES, INCLUDING VOLUNTEERS, FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE.
- Agrees that in the event any claim for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death shall be prosecuted against Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower, the Undersigned shall indemnify and save harmless the Firearms Intelligence Training/Bart Hightower and any of its/his officers, agents, servants or employees, including volunteers, from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or wherever made or presented for personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death.
- Agrees that the foregoing release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws applicable in the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- Acknowledges that the Undersigned has been fully and completely advised of the potential for serious accidents incidental to engaging in firearm activities, and expressly agrees to assume all risks of loss, injury and property damage, and expressly agrees to assume all risks of loss, damage or injury that may be sustained by the Undersigned.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THIS AGREEMENT BEING FULLY AWARE OF THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF SIGNING THE WITHIN INSTRUMENT.